Privacy, Cookies and T&Cs
Ikiru People Limited Privacy Notice
Ikiru People produces a range of software and services for the recruitment industry. This notice sets out the way in which we, Ikiru People Limited, part of Dillistone Group Plc, will collect and use information about you in a way that is consistent with our responsibilities and your rights under relevant privacy law. Please read it carefully so that you understand how we will use your information.
If you have any questions about this notice or the way in which we are handling your personal information please contact: email@example.com
Information that we collect about you
We may collect information about you in a variety of situations. In each case, we will collect the information that we need to provide the Ikiru People Limited services requested. If you do not provide the relevant personal information we may not be able to operate effectively and provide you with the best experience with our product and services. We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information you submit through this site via the registration process to access certain content. This could include your personally identifiable information.
- Information you submit to complete your client profile when placing an order– this includes your organisation name, contact details, fields of operation, registration numbers, and details of key contacts.
- Information you submit when compiling your communications preferences – you have the option to select and update your communication preferences by reference to a specific product or service.
- Automatic Geolocation data – we will automatically collect details about your geolocation using the automatic settings in your phone or mobile device, where these are enabled. If you do not wish us to use this information, you may disable the geolocation technology as it applies to our portal through your phone or mobile device – but this will affect our ability to provide our services to you.
Information provided by third parties
- Information automatically collected about your visits to our websites. Each time you login or use our websites we will automatically collect login information and information about the parts of our site that you interacted with on each visit. We use this automatically-collected information to maintain and improve our services and our site. Web analytics data are not directly linked to individuals and so we do not use this data to attempt to identify you or to make any decisions about you.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information:
- To ensure that the Ikiru People Limited Software content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- To maintain your records if you have a contract with us.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To maintain and improve Ikiru People Limited Software including the provision of statistical and market analysis, to develop and improve our systems and administer our website for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure. Where possible we use this information in an anonymised form to protect your privacy.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising that we serve to you and others
- To keep in touch with you for marketing purposes and let you know about relevant products, services and offers where you have indicated you wish to receive this information
Typically, we will be processing your data under a contractual lawful basis whilst you are a client of ours. This means that in order to fulfil the contract between us we need to use your data for appropriate tasks. Unless you are our client, ours we will typically be processing your information under a lawful basis of legitimate interests. Where we do this, we will have conducted the appropriate necessity, balancing and purpose tests. Where you have submitted your information to us to request further contact about our products and services we will typically be using your consent. In all instances, you have the appropriate rights and freedoms in line with the basis used for processing your information. (See YOUR RIGHTS)
We may transfer your Personal Data from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in Adequate Jurisdictions, we do so on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses. You may request a copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses using the contact details provided in Section (R)below.
Third parties with whom we may share your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- Our suppliers and contractors to enable us to provide our software and services, which may include third parties who are located outside of your country of residence. We only use reputable companies and always ensure that they meet our stringent security requirements.
- Current third parties with whom we may share data include;
- Dotdigital.com, to manage our email marketing initiatives to companies and individuals on our sales and marketing databases.
- Other members of the Dillistone Group Plc
- Our various third-party partners, including advertisers, and others who may request data analysis services. In providing our data analysis services we do not disclose identifiable information, but anonymous aggregated data using sufficiently large population sizes and activity descriptions that limit the ability of individuals to be identifiable from the data services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
ii. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Ikiru People Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Private Shield policy should first contact Dillistone Systems Inc. at: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or telephone +44 (0)20 7749 6100.
iii. Ikiru People Inc. has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints data transferred from the EU. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
i. Ikiru People retains a marketing email service provider, Dotdigital.com, to manage its email marketing initiatives to companies and individuals on their sales and marketing databases.
ii. All individuals have the right to access their personal data that is held by Ikiru People Inc. by emailing their request to email@example.com or telephoning +44 (0)20 7749 6100.
iii. Ikiru People Inc. offers individuals the opportunity to limit the use and/or disclosure of their personal data by emailing their request to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning +44 (0)20 7749 6100 or under certain conditions the individual can invoke binding arbitration.
iv. Ikiru People Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
v. Ikiru People Inc. shall only disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
vi. Ikiru People Inc. acknowledges its liability in the cases of onward transfers to third parties and that these third party shall treat data with the utmost security.
Using your information to keep in touch with you
We may use the information we hold about you in order to send you information about opportunities that we think may interest you. This is referred to as ‘direct marketing’. We only contact you by e-mail for direct marketing purposes if you have specifically agreed to receive information in this way. You may change your communications preferences at any time by contacting us. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive marketing material from us, we will still contact you in the following circumstances:
- To advise you of changes to Ikiru People Ltd
- To advise you of any security concerns
- Where permitted by law.
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on our secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
You are responsible for keeping your user name and password secure, where applicable, to ensure the information remains confidential.
Our staff have limited access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a ‘subject access request’.
Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
- that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- that information about you is deleted in certain situations
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
- that your member profile is provided to you in a portable format
- that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case. If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with your request where this is received after 25 May 2018.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the statutory regulator and our Supervisory Authority for data protection law. Details of how to complain to the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Terms and Conditions
Copyright in the whole and every part of this site belongs to Dillistone Group Plc, unless otherwise stated, and may not be used, sold, licensed, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of Dillistone Group Plc.
While the information contained on the site has been compiled in good faith, no representation is made as to its completeness or accuracy. Dillistone Group Plc reserves the right to add, modify or delete information on this site at any time.
All information and content on the site are subject to applicable statutes and regulations, and are furnished ‘as is’, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Dillistone Group Plc shall not be liable (whether in negligence or otherwise) to any person for any error, omission or incompleteness in the information, or reliance on the information, on the site, nor shall Dillistone Group Plc be under any obligation to advise any person of any error therein. Because some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent to Dillistone Group Plc will be received by Dillistone Group Plc, or that the contents of the email will remain confidential during Internet transmission.
Law and Jurisdiction
This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.
Please note that should you follow a link to a third-party website that is available from Ikiru People Limited, the new website is not subject to this Notice, and may have a different approach to the collection and use of your personal information.